A Training Program on Non-clinical Professional Development Skills for Nursing Officersin Northern Province has been conducted by Jaffna Medical Faculty Overseas Alumni (JMFOA)- UK & Australia in collaboration with Health Education Unit of Teaching Hospital – Jaffna on 2019.01.10.
• What makes a good nurse and nurse-patient relationship
• Communication skills and breaking bad news
• Multi-disciplinary team working, leadership and nurses as life-long learners
• English language skills and Professionalism
1. Dr. K Parthipan – Consultant Chest Physician, Luton and Dunstable University Hospital, Honorary Senior Lecturer (University College London), Deputy Directory of Examination, Royal College of Physician Edinburgh (RCPE)
2. Dr. SelvaNiranjan – Senior Consultant Cardiologist and Director of Physician Training, Gold Coast University Hospital, Australia
3. Dr. JasothaSanmugarajah – Director of Medical Oncology, Gold Coast University Hospital, Australia
4. Dr. UlaMahadeva – Consultant Histopathologist, Guy’s & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, UK , Honorary Senior Lecturer, King’s College London.
Thirty Eight (38) nursing officers got benefitted.